Work with a Partner
10 Front Squats
1 Prowler Push
Athlete of the Month: Denise Kunisch
1. How long have you been a member at CrossFit Warwick? I started CrossFit October 2011
2. How did you hear about the gym originally? Jean Beattie, who I run with. I was impressed by how fast she was running & how great she looks!
3. What is your favorite lift/movement? Clean & jerk. It's an explosive, powerful movement that engages the whole body. When my form is good & I get it right, it feels great!
4. What is your least favorite lift/movement? Press because it's strictly upper body strength. Anytime I can't use my legs, I struggle.
5. What has been your biggest achievement since starting at CrossFit Warwick? My upper body strength has improved a great deal & I've gained confidence in taking on new challenges.
6. How many days per week do you work out at CrossFit Warwick? Twice a week. Working on fitting in a 3rd WOD.
7. What movement are you still struggling with and what are you doing to fix it? Pull ups. If I'm at the park with my kids & there are monkey bars, I practice. At home I use their swing set. There's always a time & a way to work on it.
8. What were your stats, physically, before coming to CrossFit Warwick? Weight? I'm not sure about stats but I have more muscle definition in my arms & abs. I was strictly running for so long, I was starting to lose muscle. In the short time I've been doing this, I see myself getting more toned. I am sure my body fat % has gone down.
9. How has your nutrition changed? I am focusing on getting more protein from organic, grass fed meats along with increasing my intake of veggies (especially leafy greens). I have reduced the gluten in my diet to almost none. I really try to stay away from it now. I'm participating in the next Paleo Challenge when I'll really get serious & cut out sugar completely (this will be the challenge part for me).
10. What motivates you daily? My husband & kids (Thomas 4, Carly 3, & Shaun 21months). I'm a better Mom & wife when I take the time to take care of myself. I want to lead by example & be a positive role model for them.
11. What advice would you give to someone who might be intimidated by CrossFit Warwick? Stick with it. The aspects of it I feared the most are now my favorite & the most rewarding. It's the hardest work out you'll ever love!