Hi, my name is Laura McGill and I am a recovering sideline athlete. After years of driving, watching and cheering at the children's games, it's my turn to be in the game. It took me at least 3 drive-bys before I actually went into CrossFit. My sister finally made me go in. I have never stayed with a program as long a I have this one. I attribute my success at CrossFit to 2 things: the type of program it is and to Ryan and Kate. The program is varied and challenging and Ryan and Kate guide, encourage and believe in your ability to achieve.
1. How long have you been a member of CrossFit Wawick? Since January 2011
2. How did you hear about the gym originally? Won a 3 month membership at a St.Stephen/St. Edward function
3. What is your favorite lift/movement? Backsquat/ Deadlft
4. What is your least favorite lift/movement? Snatch
5. What has been your biggest achievement since starting CrossFit Warwick? Feeling like I am capable of meeting th physical challenges Ryan and Kate set for me.
6. How many days do you work out at CrossFit Warwick? 3-4 Elswhere? yoga-1
7. What movement are you still struggling with and what are you doing to fix it? Snatch-working with both Ryan and Kate
8. How has your nutrition changed? I eat many more fruits and veggies and have limited my carb intake especially processed and complex carbs. I only drink tea and water.
9. What motivates you daily? Feeling strong and fitting into my clothes.
10. What advice would you give to someone who might be intimidated by CrossFit Warwick? JUST TRY IT! All of the people are inviting and encouraging.