1. How long have you been a member at CrossFit Warwick?
Since December 2010
2. How did you hear about the gym originally?
I heard about Crossfit from my friend, Joe Grill. We've worked out a lot together and he told that I should give it a shot.
3. What is your favorite lift/movement?
My favorite lift is the backsquat and thrusters.
4. What is your least favorite lift/movement?
My least favorite movement are burpees, of course.
5. What has been your biggest achievement since starting at CrossFit Warwick?
My biggest achievement since joining Crossfit Warwick was finishing the Spartan race. It was the real race that I've ever done and the most difficult thing I've ever done but it was a lot of fun. If I wasn't going to Crossfit, I would have never finished it or even have done it.
6. How many days per week do you work out at CrossFit Warwick?
I try to go to Crossfit Warwick at least 3 times a week.
7. What movement are you still struggling with and what are you doing to fix it?
I am still struggling with cleans and jumping rope. I signed up for the clean and snatch seminar to help with my form and I brought a jump rope so I can practice at home.
8. What were your stats, physically, before coming to CrossFit Warwick? Weight?
When I joined Crossfit, I hadn't been to the gym in over 3 months. I weighed 255 lbs. In the past 8 months, I've lost 17 lbs and gained a lot of muscle mass. All my muscles feel a lot tighter and I am a lot more flexible.
9. How has your nutrition changed?
My nutrition is still one area that I am still struggling with. I've learned a lot about nutrition and the Paleo diet from Crossfit Warwick, I hope to improve in this area with the information I have learned
10. What motivates you daily?
Feeling stronger and more fit is what motivates daily. Also I like that the workouts are different everyday so it never gets boring and that you have to sign up for classes. It helps hold me more accountable to actually go.
11. What advice would you give to someone who might be intimidated by CrossFit Warwick? Go for it! Anyone, no matter what your fitness level, can benefit from CrossFit.
I would tell them to give it a shot no matter what your fitness level is. They can modify the workout to your level. I think about 90% percent of the workouts I have done have been modify to help me complete it.