My name is Steve Haggerty, I am 30 years old. Before joining Crossfit Warwick, I had a hard time finding workouts that would keep me motivated and interested. The boring big box gym wasn't cutting it for me anymore, I knew I needed more of a challenge. The first Saturday WOD my wife and I attended was awesome! Back in February I weighed in at a hefty 242 pounds and now I am down to 211. I used to run over a 10 minute mile and now I am at a 7:30 minute mile, which I haven't done since high school football. I am still wokring on eating Paleo all of the time, but I notice a complete change in my energy levels when I stick with it. Crossfit pushes me to be a better athlete, but it benefits me greatly in my career as a power lineman and all facets of life. GO TRI-POD.
1. How long have you been a member of CrossFit Wawick? since February 2011
2. How did you hear about the gym originally? Lori won a membership, told Kim and Kim made me come
3. What is your favorite lift/movement? push press and double unders
4. What is your least favorite lift/movement? overhead squat and burpess
5. What has been your biggest achievement since starting CrossFit Warwick? losing 30 pounds
6. How many days do you work out at CrossFit Warwick? 3-4 Elswhere? running, biking, snowboaring
7. What movement are you still struggling with and what are you doing to fix it? overhead squat working on shoulder flexibility and core strenth
8. How has your nutrition changed? went from eating fatty, sugary, junk food, to eating Paleo
9. What motivates you daily? knowing that there is always something I can work on to make myself stronger and faster
10. What advice would you give to someone who might be intimidated by CrossFit Warwick? Give it a shot, go in with an open mind, and remember everything can be scaled.